Wednesday 24 February 2016

DAIRY FREE VEGAN BANANA CHOCOLATE MUFFINS







Dairy free Vegan Banana and Chocolate Muffins









I made these yummy treats last week when dying for something chocolatey (and package free). I found a recipe online and forgotten which and where it was but had jotted it down in my notebook - I recall it being a gluten free version and as I'm not allergic to gluten I used up my own ingredients.

They are super easy and quick to make and made up with ingredients usually always in your cupboard (well mine anyway :) and those bananas that you've been neglecting over there....




Ingredients - 

  • 3 Ripe Bananas - all mashed up
  • 1/3 cup Dairy- free Butter / Margarine 
  • 2 tsps Vanilla Extract
  • 3/4 cups Caster Sugar
  • 1 1/3 cup Flour 
  • 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 Cocoa Powder
  • 1 cup Dark or Dairy- free Chocolate pieces broken up (I tied up the pieces in a tea towel and used a rolling pin to smash them up)







Method -

  • Preheat oven to Gas 4 / 180
  • Mix the Sugar and Butter in a bowl until smooth
  • Add the mashed Banana and mix
  • Put the rest of the ingredients in and combine together 







  • Line your muffin tray with cases (you can make your own from 20 x 20 squares of parchment paper - just press the paper into the cup of the tin and define the creases)
  • Spoon in the mixture evenly 
  • Place in the oven for 15 mins (Gas Mark 4 / 180)
  • ENJOY!





 I wrapped some up in parchment paper ( it says 'No Dairy' on the tag) and gave them to my sister who loved them and wanted the recipe! (so here it is ELF!)



These were yummiest when still warm and gooey but pop them in a tin to store where they'll be good for a couple of days. 

You can probably freeze them if you like too! 


Let me know if you've given these a go and if you added anything - I was thinking of adding some raisins next time. YUMMY!!



Thanks for reading

Juliette x






No comments:

Post a Comment